Special Education Needs (SEN) or Disabilities
Please talk to a member of staff if you are concerned about your child’s development. If your family is facing particular challenges, or your child has a special educational need (SEN), disability or additional needs, there is lots of help and support available to you.
If you are concerned about your child’s development please talk to your child’s key person. Lynda in Nursery or Craig in Pre-school can also help.
We do realise that it is an anxious time for parents or carers if their child does not appear to be developing as they expect or in the same way as other children. Staff are here to help and to listen to your concerns so please talk to us and we will do all we can to help.
Claire Cobain, Headteacher is also our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) and is an accredited SENCO who has had special training to help children who need extra support.
Children at Arlesdene can be supported in Nursery or Pre-school in a number of different ways. This may include:
- help with speech and language Chatter Pack
- additional time with an adult to support learning
- sensory activities
- listening and talking to parents/carers
- an individual learning plan
- an education and health care plan (EHCP) – a plan for children who have complex needs
- specialist equipment or adapted resources
- transition to primary school
- referrals to other professionals
Please see Arlesdene’s offer for children with SEND for more information.
- Accessibility Plan (107KB)