If you are concerned about your child’s development please talk to your child’s key person. Claire in Nursery or Gemma in Pre-school can also help.
We do realise that it is an anxious time for parents or carers if their child does not appear to be developing as they expect or in the same way as other children. Staff are here to help and to listen to your concerns so please talk to us and we will do all we can to help.
We have Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCos) who have had special training to help children who need extra support. The SENCos are:
- Nursery – Claire Cobain
- Pre-school – Ali Duligall and Gemma Charlton
Children at Arlesdene can be supported in Nursery or Pre-school in a number of different ways. This may include:
- help with speech and language
- additional time with an adult to support learning
- sensory activities
- listening and talking to parents/carers
- an individual learning plan
- an education and health care plan (EHCP) – a plan for children who have complex needs
- specialist equipment or adapted resources
- transition to primary school
- referrals to other professionals
Please see Arlesdene offer for children with SEND for more information.
- Bringing Up Confident Children (153KB)
- SEN Policy (144KB)
- Hertfordshire Quality SEND Offer (399KB)
- Accessibility Plan (71KB)